Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LA Trip
















I typically get to the airport way to earlier and I have too much time on my hands.  This is a sketch of the Virgin America terminal at JFK while I was waiting for my flight to LAX.
















This is a couple of sketches I did on or before the flight from JFK to LAX.  I sketched the older lady while I was waiting in the terminal at JFK.  Ironically she ended up sitting next to me on the flight.  I of course got the window seat.
















It was a damp day in january when i drove out the pacific palisades to visit the Eames House.  I spent about an hour and a half walking around the place taking photos and sketching and this is  a sketch from the southern corner of the building looking north. 
















This guy was working on his laptop at one of the bars in LAX.















I drew this guy while I was sitting at a bar in LAX waiting for my redeye back to JFK.  There was a lady next to me who watched me draw the whole thing and when I finished she approached me and told me to show it to the guy.  I felt weird about it but she insisted so, I did.  The guy didn't think too much about it.  I think he looks a lot like Frank Lloyd Wright.



No comments: